1. Perceiving by the touch; having perception.
2. a. Expressive of great sensibility; affecting; tending to excite the passions. He made a feeling representation of his wrongs. He spoke with feeling eloquence.
3. Possessing great sensibility; easily affected or moved; as a feeling man; a feeling heart.
4. Sensibly or deeply affected; as, I had a feeling sense of his favors.
1. The sense of touch; the sense by which we perceive external objects which come in contact with the body, and obtain ideas of their tangible qualities; one of the five senses. It is by feeling we know that a body is hard or soft, hot or cold, wet or dry, rough or smooth.
2. Sensation; the effect of perception.
The apprehension of the good gives but the greater feeling to the worse.
3. Faculty or power of perception; sensibility.
Their king, out of a princely feeling, was sparing and compassionate towards his subjects.
4. Nice sensibility; as a man of feeling.
5. Excitement; emotion.