1. Not equal; not even; not of the same size, length, breadth, quantity, _c.; as men of unequal stature; houses of unequal dimensions.
2. Not equal in strength, talents, acquirements, _c.; inferior.
3. Not equal in age or station; inferior.
4. Insufficient; inadequate. His strength is unequal to the task.
5. Partial; unjust; not furnishing equivalents to the different parties; as an unequal peace; an unequal bargain.
6. Disproportioned; ill matched.
Against unequal arms to fight in pain.
7. Not regular; not uniform; as unequal pulsations.
8. In botany, having the parts not corresponding in size, but in proportion only, as a corol; rugged, not even or smooth, as the surface of a leaf or stem.
An unequal leaf, is when the two halves separated by the mid-rib, are unequal in dimensions, and their bases not parallel; called also an oblique leaf.